Saturday, March 24, 2012
These are tags I made one evening while trying to get my creative muse going again. I use white cardstock on both of these but the one on the left is on glossy cardstock and the one on the right was made using regular CS.
The tag on the left: I first took the Cuttlebug Script embossing folder and inked the side where the images are depressed ( pushed in) with Old Paper Distress ink and ran it thru my Big Shot. This gives the background color and leaves the embossing the original color. The three flowers at the bottom are a Sizzix die. I added glitter glue that matched the fairy image I wanted to use on my tag. The fairy image was a RAK, so I'm sorry I cannot tell you who makes it but came with areas already accented with glitter and using the same silver glitter on the rest of the tag ties it all together nicely. Next I cut out an oval using a Spellbinder die and used Old Paper distress ink around the edges, leaving the center white. I then stamped the sentiment from Innovative Stamp Company using Marvy Pink sentiment. Then I stamped the flower clusters which is a peg stamp from Rubber Stamp Tapestry using the same pink ink pad. I added silver glitter to the centers of these flowers like the once at the bottom of the tag. I then decided to change things up just a bit and added a white iridescent glitter to the edges of the oval. This way it matches the rest of the tag because it has glitter on it but the difference in color is slight enough to help draw attention to it. To reinforce the tag hole I added another Sizzix flower die that I added the same glitter color as the oval since it would mostly be covered up by that oval and I wanted it to blend into the background. I used foam tape the adhere the oval so it was slightly raised above the fairy graphic. The rose at the bottom was cut from a tissue box. I then use colors of glitter glue that matched the image. Once dry I glued it to the bottom of the tag from the back side. A bit if ribbon and done.
Tag on right: I first stamped a face stamp from Lost Coast using Tattered Rose Distress ink color. I then masked that image and most of the tag before stamping a script stamp from Rubber Necker using Old Paper Distress Ink. Other images used on the tag are: Stamp image and paint brush are both by Lasting Impressions with Panache using Tea Stain and Broken China ink; Wizard by Lost Coast was stamped with Old Paper and the girl at bottom (also from Lost Coast) was stamped multiple times with Tea Stain; lastly the rose and leaves are Rubber Stamp Tapestry images and were stamped using a very old green pad from PSX and a reddish color called Henna by Ancient Page. Once everything was dry and all masks had been removed I used Old Paper ink around the edges of the tag and then colored the images using chalk pastels. I sealed the tag to keep the chalk from rubbing off. Lastly I added fabric strips (scraps really) and embroidery floss for ribbon.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!