I have been stamping for years and am excited to share and learn along with you.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine Cards

Here is the card I made my husband for Valentines day:

and here are some close ups as well:
I used Tattered Rose and Old Paper Distress inks on this card and the rosette which I made with the Eyelet Pendant dies from Spellbinder.  I also used the Labels 8 set to create the sentiment plaque up top.  The heart I created by die cutting 5 hearts from a Sizzix set, 3 using the same colors as the rest of the card and 2 a matching peachy pink  pearlescent cardstock.   Some bits or ribbon and a button and done.

I made my son a tag instead of a card, he's a teen and the way to his heart is .... well FOOD!  The ribbon down the middle is a sticker - looks real ribbon doesn't it.  The heart tag and name plaque are Sizzix dies.  I stamped several different "sayings" on the heart from a set that is no longer available.  The embossed heart cardstock is more of the pearlescent cs in another color that I ran thru a heart embossing crimper and then cut into strips.  The cherub is from a package of dies I got on clearance forever ago.  Found out why the stuff was super cheap when I got home.  Weird colors!!   This cherub was originally green, ummm ick but a little acrylic paint and now I had a very shiny and beautiful cherub to use on my card.


Have a great weekend.  I hope to have my Mardi Gras doll done and mailed out soon.  Once the recipent has received it I can share some pics of her.    I have received my MG doll and all I can say is WOW!!  I was blown away when I opened her up and more than a little intimidated to create something even close to that level of "majesty" with my doll.  Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Pat aka CritterPortraits, what a true treasure she is!!


I will try to get some pics to show you of her as well but it is going to be dark, dreary & rainy all day today. 

At least Texas is getting rain, we still need lots to refill the lakes around here. 

No comments: