I have been stamping for years and am excited to share and learn along with you.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Bright butterfly Days

This page makes me smile everytime I look at it!  It's so cheerful and well... bright, how could anyone that looks at it not have their spirits lifted.

I purchased a pad of Canson Acrylic paper a couple of  months ago and decided to use a sheet in the journal that I'm putting together, so I cut a sheet to size and then monoprinted some new paints I had bought on sale recently.  Then I remembered the copier weight  paper I had in my stash.  Someone had given it to me years ago thinking I would use it up in no time making cards.  As you can tell they're not a stamper/card maker and didn't understand that we don't usually use light weight paper when making cards.  It's the thought that counts though.

I had purchased a daisy die by Sizzix and wanted to try it out and figured why not use the bright paper to experiment with.  Once I had them cut and started to play around with them to make flowers I remembered I had some already made that would match.  When I opened the zip bag with my pre-made flowers I found a butterfly die cut and the cardstock it had been cut from in the same bag.  I'd saved the cardstock to do reverse stenciling with someday and decided that was as good a time as any, so I started painting the butterfly and stencil all over the page.  Next I added a few decorative touches to the flower centers and  glued the flowers onto the page.  The page was now ready for journaling and since butterflies represent new beginnings I wrote words about rebirth and renewal of the spirit all over the page. I used several different pens in permanent and gel colored inks to write with.

Still makes me feel happy to look at this page and yes I know I once again forgot to leave my self a margin for binding, darn it!!




Paper: Astrobright copy paper for flowers and Canson Acrylic cut to size for base
Ink & Paints: acrylic paints by Apple Barrel and Americana / Sharpie pens and Sakura gel pens
Accessories: Sizzix, Spellbinder and Cuttlebug dies : glitter glue : K & Co/Brenda Walton dimensional Stickers
Techniques: Monoprinting, die cuts and reverse stenciling.   The butterfly and the black flower center on the larges flower are from Cuttlebug, the bottom right flower is a combination of Sizzix and Cuttlebug.  The bottom left flower is stamp from Imaginisce/Paper Mania-Snag Em Duo that I cut out with Spellbinder circle and scallop dies and then layered together.  Two of the flowers have star shaped resin centers from K&Co and two of them have glitter glue centers.

No comments: