I have been stamping for years and am excited to share and learn along with you.

Friday, July 11, 2014

This scene was stamped after attending a stamp convention several years ago.  I really just wanted to see how the river scene stamp I had just purchased looked on paper.  The central foreground is messed up in a major way so I never used the scene.  I also needed more middle ground because the river looks like it runs off into the sky as it is now.  Must remember to keep an eye on perspective and make sure my images are grounded.

Such a shame I messed this one up since I was really happy with how the sky came out otherwise.  Isn't that always the way it goes, get one part "perfect" and mess it up in another area/way.  I decided to go ahead and use this page in my journal, mistakes are part of a stampers journey and are reminders of the "what not to do's".  That is an important part of growth as an artist of any medium.

The central river scene surrounded by trees image in this is from Stamping Sensations and the rocks, pebbles, etc on both sides are various stamps from Beeswax.  The waves in the foreground are from Posh Impressions and Inkadinkado but don't look at that part of the image, lol.  I colored everything with a combination of sponged inks and chalk pastels.

Remember to embrace and learn from those oops moments!

No comments: