I have been stamping for years and am excited to share and learn along with you.

Friday, May 30, 2014

Cards with patterned paper





Recently I saw a pack of paper at Tuesday Morning that I just had to have, it was a 25 sheet pack of all the same image.  I rarely use pattern paper, I'd much rather use stamps, inks, etc... to create my own backgrounds but it was such a bargain and it was just so pretty.  I instantly started thinking of all the quick cards that could be make with it.









 It is 12 x 12 and has 6 different images on the page, all of which are A2-ish in size.  That's 6 cards per sheet and I got somewhere around 25 sheets of paper, all for the amazing price of 99 cents.   The paper is not card stock weight but that was fine with me since I would be using it as a layer not the base for my cards.

I've made 2 card with it so far and am playing with a mini book which I'll share another time.  This first card is unfinished and waiting for the "perfect" occasion to come along.  It is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and the base layer was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  I had to run it through my Big Shot twice to emboss the entire front side which left seams.  Most of the seam is covered up but the area's at the top and bottom that do show I decided to play up by adding bead ribbon half way only stopping at those seams.  Sometimes it's better to make the best of something and  "go with it" than to try to hide a flaw.

The book was created using a Spellbinder die set and a script stamp from Rubbernecker.  Thought it was finished when I noticed the purple ribbon scrap in a jar over my desk, it was the perfect size to be a book marker.  I then added a few foil flower stickers over similar flowers on the pattern paper.  The maroon layer was punched on all four corners with a Fiskar punch before I glued everything together.  I hope I don't need a sympathy card anytime soon but this would be perfect so I'm putting the this card unfinished into my stash.



The other card ended up becoming a mother's day card for my mother in law because she loves her flower gardens.  This paper has very faint grey script on it so after die cutting the blue grey elements for this card I once again pulled out that Rubbernecker script stamp and stamped them to match.  It is subtle but really helped draw out the script in the patterned paper.  The doily die cuts are Spellbinder and the scroll and butterfly are Cuttlebug.  The Happy Mother's Day I printed off on my computer after measuring the area inside of the scroll die cut, that's what those rulers you see in your editing software are for by the way.  I'm not into making my own paper flowers so I finished it off with a silk flower that I'd added a gold brad to.


If anyone know who made this paper pattern I'd love to know, unfortunately there wasn't any info on the back side of the paper and no info in or on the packaging either.  Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments: