I have been stamping for years and am excited to share and learn along with you.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Scenic stamping in journaling

I have a quite a few half page scenes in my stamping room.  Most were experiments and not my best work which is why I still have them.  I decided to gather them all up and put them in with my backgrounds for journaling and I've already used one, all I had to do was journal and it is ready to put in my book.

The stone house is from Stamp Camp, the Hula Bunnies and tree are Stamp La Jolla images, the sun is from Anita's Art Stamps and the flower image is from A Stamp in the Hand.  I used several techniques on this piece including water color markers on stamps and on the images after stamping; a chalk pastel background; and colored inks on stamps instead of just black.

The journaling around the page says: Summer is here and the kids are home.  Now I'm back to cooking, cleaning and running all over town every day.  My stamps are abandoned and lonely.    I'll bet a lot of us mom's will be feeling this way soon if not already.

One quick side note/observation.  I keep forgetting to leave a binding margin on my pages, I may have to go thru and draw a line on all the pages I have waiting to be used because no matter how many times I say I'm going to remember to not write in that space when I sit down to do actual journaling I always forget.

No comments: