I have been stamping for years and am excited to share and learn along with you.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Convention Time!!

January always means Stamping Conventions time here in North Texas.  We have 2 of them back to back just after the holidays each year.  First Heirloom Productions in Grapevine TX and then Stamp Scrap Art Tour in Mesquite TX always follows the very next weekend.  Being the first convention of the year for each company isn't as big an honor as one might think.  Many have not had a change to order and/or receive new merchandise yet and since CHA is right around the corner most have waited on purpose.  One item that is always on my Christmas list though is $$convention money which makes it easy on hubby to know what to get for my stocking.  It also still means I get to wander aisles looking at stamp art and can buy all the "stuff" to make what I see.  Best of all I get to be around other people who have the same passion for stamping as I do and that is always a great jump start to one's creativity.  Can't think of a better way to start a new year.

Last year I bought a stamp that was perfect for a mermaid doll swap I was in.  I ended up with enough of the stamped image left to make an extra tail and it has been sitting on my desk since.  Time to use it and get it off my desk so I am making another doll to give to the company the stamp is from, Stamp Camp.  Here are pics of the work in progress.  I'll post a completed pic of her later after she has finished drying.
 I'm off the enjoy the great weather, hope you have a great day too!

No comments: