I have been stamping for years and am excited to share and learn along with you.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

More Neg Ink Embossing Cards






I have two more negative ink embossing cards to show you using Cuttlebug folders.  I used the same ink on both of them, Ranger's Old Paper and Marvy's Salvia Blue.  I also used the same Hero Arts Happy Birthday stamp on them, on the first one I used Ranger Old Paper and the second one I used Marvy's Jungle Green.  I then hand cut the birthday tags out.  The first one also has a Sizzix die and another Cuttlebug border that I also used the reverse inking technique on.


The second one I used the same Fiskar corner punch on all the layers and then glued a hand cut teacup image in Salvia Blue on top of the layers.  When I folded the base card I left about half an inch of the inside flap showing.  I then opened up the card and masked off that border area so I could "stamp" it.  I took one of the embossing folders I used on the front of the card and inked up the raised impression side (a reverse of before) this time and then used that as my stamp.  To balance the inside of the card I did the same thing to the left border as well. 

my stamped border

inside with borders on both sides
The stamps inside are: Hero Arts, Lasting Impressions with Panache and Stamps By Judith.  The Tea Cup on the front is by a company that hasn't been around for a long time - sorry.

Now I just have to decide which of the three cards to drop in the mail this weekend for a friend's birthday and I'm having a really hard time choosing just one!

No comments: